Kuflink's New features for 2021. Stand Up with CTO
Happy New Year to all.
This is my first blog post for Kuflink and I would like to take the opportunity to introduce some of our processes and features we are building in the background. It has been an amazing journey since March 2016 when I had the opportunity to meet some of the key founding members of the business and we started on a journey fuelled with passion and vigour. I still get the same level of excitement as I would in August 2016 watching new members join our ever growing community. Needless to say, this is something I absolutely love and I am grateful to have a team around me that shares the same passion.
The Kuflink Tech Team is a truly Agile team and we follow Scrum principles. This includes various Scrum ceremonies - fortnightly sprint, daily stand-up, sprint preparation, sprint grooming sessions, retrospectives and more. Our team comprises of 5 different nationalities spread across 3 time zones. Needless to say - when we were asked to work from home in March 2020, we were more than prepared to take it on. And before I forget - everyday is a release day for us, just in case you wondered where any of your requests are in the pipeline.
The CEO has taken this concept company-wide and all departments get together (virtually) for morning stand-ups, whether its a general catch up or a specific team catch up. This has changed the dynamic of the organisation and has meant that information spreads quickly and tasks get elevated efficiently. It has proved especially useful when hearing from our Investor Relations team who are our client's voice, as they tell everyone each day what is happening in the market and what our investors are saying, allowing us to adapt where needed.
I am reminded of a remark from Tesla and SpaceX founder Elon Musk who advised CEOs: Make better products, seek negative feedback and scrap those PowerPoint presentations. “Are CEOs from corporate America focused enough on product improvement? I think the answer is no,” Musk said 8th Dec 2020 at the WSJ CEO Summit.
What's New on the Kuflink Platform
1) Interest accrued next to each one of your active, Select investments in the Portfolio section;
2) All Interest paid next to each one of your active, Select investments in the Portfolio section;
3) All Loan updates next to each one of your active, Select investments in the Portfolio section;
4) You can now open each new select invest deal on separate tabs of your browser;
5) Monthly interest Emails now show Accrued Interest for all deals that are compounding;
6) New IF-ISA countdown clock to 5th April 2021 in IF-ISA section;
7) New feature to allow clients to upload bank statements; and
8) Kuflink Chat available on Invest Platform;
9) Refer a Friend Updated and redesigned; and
10) much more
The whole team is excited for 2021. We have been working on our Tech Road map, and we are bringing quite a few new features requested by you. I will keep you posted on developments. We are continually working on enhancements to the platform and the mobile. A dedicated team works tirelessly to get the Beta Version of the Kuflink App on Apple up and running again, after their latest release knocked out functionality.
Some of the New Features that have the green light.
1) New Display showing accrued Interest for Pool Investments;
2) New Digital ISA transfer in process;
3) New SIPP Digital process
4) New Function for clients to Re-term Pool Investments direct; and
5) Many more surprise features from the Team.
*Capital is at risk and Kuflink is not protected by the FSCS. Past returns should not be used as a guide to future performance. Securing investments against UK property does not guarantee that your investments will be repaid and returns may be delayed. Tax rules apply to IF-ISAs and SIPPs and may be subject to change. Kuflink does not offer any financial or tax advice in relation to the investment opportunities that it promotes.